- Permanent full time AYR 35 hours per week
- Salary range - Salary Grade 3 (£18,426 - £19,171)
- Location - Co-op Academy North Manchester
- Closing date - September 20, 2019
We are seeking an enthusiastic site assistant to join our existing site team. You will enjoy working in a busy environment with the ability to work within an established team. This post would be suitable for a person with a general building maintenance background or skill set. The post holder will be required to support the effective running of the academy and the leisure facilities which are open in the evenings and at weekends.
Working on a rota within a shift pattern, you will provide an efficient and effective service as part of the site team. The role requires a variety of skills including excellent interpersonal skills, good organisation, an ability to be self-motivated, an excellent communicator and the ability to use IT as part of your work. You will be dealing with a range of stakeholders and members of the public within this role and will be representing the academy at all times.
The academy is situated in North Manchester and is set in nine acres of land. Built in 2012, the academy boasts a range of state of the art facilities including a 3G pitch, a fitness suite, a cinema and a multi-tiered auditorium. The academy is a good school (Ofsted 2019) and is part of the Coop Academies Trust which is a leading Trust within the North West. The Trust is sponsored by the Coop Group and has the Coop’s values at the heart of all that it seeks to achieve. There are a number of benefits which come from working for the Trust which all employees are entitled to access.
Job Description: duties and responsibilities
- To assist the site manager in the daily tasks within the site including, refuse removal, general repairs and maintenance, plant and vehicle maintenance, leisure bookings and lettings
- To undertake any repairs that are within the Post holder’s abilities and within the health and safety criteria, set out by the academy
- To supervise the goods inwards procedure including arrangements for the security and distribution of deliveries and to support the maintenance of an effective assets register
- To support the site team when general joinery or plumbing skills are required
- The ability to use an online customer service software tool that provides help desk support for all academy staff on site
- To assist, support and deputise for the site manager and to ensure the effective organisation, supervision and availability of site staff are consistent with the needs of the academy
- To ensure that all external contractors are aware of and observe relevant safety legislation and work in a manner consistent with the needs of the academy
- To work on occasion with the cleaning team and to contribute to the hard floor and surface cleaning regime within the academy
- Safe preparation of the sports venue, cleaning and control of all facilities, e.g. changing rooms, erection of sports and other ancillary equipment.
- To assist in whole academy functions and events
- To be part of the rota system (key holder) with regard to early open/late night/weekends To be able to provide occasional additional hours when required
- As part of a team, attend meetings and make suggestions in developing and reviewing the team’s progress of policies and procedures
- To ensure safety and control of customers in accordance with the academy policies and other relevant procedures as provided, to prevent injury, misuse and damage to facilities and equipment
- To carry out patrols both inside and outside the building and report any breaches of conduct or safety to the Facilities Manager/Principal
- Deputise for the wider facilities team to promote the smooth running of the academy
- To become a first aid trained member of the team and be willing to drive the academy minibus following the correct training.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, safeguarding, equal opportunities, health and safety, confidentiality and GDPR, alongside other key policies, reporting any concerns appropriately
- Carry out all duties with regard to the academy policies, and those of the trust in order that the values and vision are reflected in all you do
- Set high expectations of conduct whilst acting as a good role model for others
- Participate in training and other learning activities as required and to participate in appraisal and professional development
Any other duties that are reasonably requested by the Principal