Parent Governor Elections
We are seeking to appoint two parent governors to our Academy Governing Council (AGC). Michelle Campbell-Jones is acting as the ‘returning officer’ in the election process on behalf of the Trust.
Governors have an important and influential role to play in the life of our academy. They work with academy leaders to make sure that the academy is doing its very best to keep pupils safe and help them achieve their potential. If you would like to learn more about the role and responsibilities of a governor, please have a look at the Trust’s website here: https://www.coopacademies.co.uk/about-us/governance/governance-in-our-academies-and-colleges/
Parent governors are elected by the parents (1) of pupils at the academy to serve a four year term of office. You may, if you wish, put yourself forward for election (2), using the nomination form attached. You may also nominate another parent, but you must seek their approval before submitting the nomination. Please read the information on the nomination form below.
The timetable for the election is:-
- Invitations to submit a nomination for a parent governor role issued on 6th October 2021.
- Nomination forms to be returned to me by 12.00 noon on 20th October 2021
- Ballot papers to be sent to all parents on 22nd October 2021. Voting will only take place if there are more nominations than vacancies.
- Ballot papers to be returned to me by 12.00 noon 12th November 2021.
- The votes will be counted on the 15th November 2021 after which the result will be announced.
We do hope you will be able to take this opportunity to play an active part in the academy’s life by becoming a candidate in this election process and by casting your vote when the time comes.
- Parents of registered pupils at the school, and who is a parent at the time they are elected. “Parent” includes any individual who has or has had parental responsibility for, or cares or has cared for, a child or young person under the age of 19.
- A person is disqualified from standing for election or appointment as a parent governor if they are: An elected member of the local education authority; or Paid to work at the school for more than 500 hours in any consecutive 12 month period (at the time of the election or appointment); or Subject to any of the disqualifications under the Trust’s Articles of Association